Choose the Perfect Image for a Private Paint & Wine Class
There's nothing like spending a couple of hours with some paint, canvas, wine and friends to celebrate a special occasion, whether it be a birthday, bridal shower, or a team-building event. But what should you choose to paint? Here are some tips for choosing a painting for your group that will ensure everyone has a fun and fulfilled evening.
- Choose something that's meaningful, but also something that people would want to hang on their wall. Not everyone is going to want a picture of your cat...unless they all really love your cat.
- Unless your group of friends are skilled painters, stay away from trying to paint people. Realism and proportions can be more difficult. Outdoor scenery, illustrations, or giving a classic art masterpiece your own twist is easier.
- Architecture and scenes with straight lines will take longer to produce (and require more patience). Teams can get lost in the monotony of straight lines and edges. If you want a more 'free form' event, we recommend images with curves and/or landscapes.
- Choose something with brighter colors and variety if you have a lively group. We only recommend monotone images if you are trying to focus on depth and and value specifically.
- Images with several large objects can be easier to create than images with a lot of small details. Images with a lot of details take longer to refine.
Do you have the perfect image in mind? Ready to start painting? Checkout our Private Events Page to book your next event!